about the one who married the runner.

~updated~

Hi!  My name is Anna Castro-Dayrit.  Most people call me Fozzy.  Married to runner, Chips S. Dayrit.  Or should I say "ultra-runner" now?  I used to be with an advertising agency, and am currently taking a hiatus from the corporate life.  I practice calligraphy, dabble in illustration and writing.


When my husband's father first met me, one of the first questions he asked was "What sport do you play?" Which was I guess natural, because he was (at that time) the head of a sports committee. My honest answer - "uh, I'm sportless." He laughed, and I think we made some sort of amusing connection. We basically established that as individuals we might as well occupy totally different planets, but as a couple we actually work.

After more than a decade of being together - 1 year of which married - I remain to be the sportless one lusting after 4-inch heels, design and good brewed coffee. I won't even pretend to understand what goes on in an athlete's head (aka my husband, when it comes to sports). I can use the powers of deduction and observation and perhaps some nice pretty metaphors.

Anyway, I digress. Aside from dabbling in my other-half's world of running, I spend my time watching twisted crime TV series, surf on design and typography, and launch into self-tutorials on Illustrator and Photoshop, and maintain my tumblr and my own domain.

Shopping? Of course. If it was an endurance sport, I'd take as many finish lines imaginable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top